Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thoughts as I Sit Here...

It's hard not to sit and wonder what goes through God's mind when those who consider themselves "God's people" take joy in the death of one who has rejected God. There's an attitude of "They'll get theirs in the end." HA HA HA... But somehow we forget that "God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked."

The same can be said on the other side of the coin about people who see "leaders" in the church fail, who turn out to be just as human, just as frail as the rest of us, and there's an attitude of "I always knew he was a hypocrite."

We like to think of ourselves as "above it all," or "better than them."

So many of us don't share our frailies, nor our weaknesses, because of the attitude of those 'in the church.' But, I also find myself wondering about the other extreme of excusing sinful behavior. Nothing can seperate us from the love of God that's in Christ Jesus. Do I think because someone has had too much to drink that God will turn His back on that person? No. Do I think I need to keep that person from driving? Yes.

We love God, because He first loved us. My behavior should be driven by my first and foremost love for God, not some religious rules and regulations set up by an organization that wants to not only control my behavior, but my life. That's God's job.

I am a falable human being. I will make mistakes. I will sin. I will hurt the people I love. Not because I want to. Not because I set out to. It just happens. That's why God gave us Jesus. We aren't perfect. God knows it.

As I sit here and write this, I know there will be those who are looking for the things I say wrong and will have an 'opinion' about it. I don't need your opinion. As a brother or sister in Christ, I need your love.

Love covers a multitude of sins.

Blessings and Grace,
Love and Peace only in Christ Jesus.
Rambling...I know. That's who I am.
Jesus still loves me, no matter what some may think.
DJ GlenMC

7 comments:

JesusBmyKing said...

Jesus adores you Glen. The bias of some peoples pride so often interfere with the truth of God's love. The song Stained Glass Masquerade by Casting Crowns is an honest view of the love that we need to find within the Church.

CASTING CROWNS LYRICS
"Stained Glass Masquerade"

Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin' so small

Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong
I know they'll soon discover
That I don't belong

So I tuck it all away, like everything's okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them

Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

Is there anyone who's been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who's traded
In the altar for a stage

The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart

But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be

Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay

DJ GlenMC said...

Mark Heard wrote a great song called "These Plastic Halos."

We hide our pain
We try to laugh
Fools to think our tears
Would provoke Holy wrath.
We learn the protocol
We bare our souls to none
We praise our peers
For the optimism shown.
"Brave men don't cry," we say
As we watch the world turn to dust
The tears of God fall for us.

Such insight by Mark Heard into the condition of man.

May we all come to understand God's heart for mankind.

Blessings and Grace,
Peace in Christ
DJ GlenMC

DJ GlenMC said...

I love that Casting Crowns song btw.

DJ GlenMC

Steve Taylor also had a song called "I Want to Be A Clone"

I'd gone through so much other stuff
That walking down the aisle was tough
but now I know it's not enough
I want to be a clone
I asked the Lord into my heart
They said that was the way to start
But now I have to play the part
I want to be a clone

Be a clone
and kiss conviction good night
Cloneliness is next to godliness
Right?
I'm grateful that they showed the way
'cause I could never know the way
To serve Him on my own
I want to be a clone...

...I kinda wanted to tell my friends and people about it, you know
WHAT? You're still a babe, you have to grow, Give it 20 years or so, 'cause if you want to be one of His, you gotta act like one of us...

And now I see the whole design
My church is an assembly line
The parts are there I'm feeling fine
I want to be a clone
I've learned enough to stay afloat
But not so much I rock the boat
I'm glad they shoved it down my throat
I want to be a clone...

May we have faith in Christ and not our works...
Be blessed, be a blessing.
Love, for He loves us.
DJ GlenMC

JesusBmyKing said...

Interesting song lyrics. To be a clone...hmmm But the one I want to be cloned from is none other than Jesus Christ. We cannot look to other people for the direction, only Jesus can guide us by His light.

Carrie said...

Ok Glen, weird how this was just what I was thinking about in service today.

I don't disagree with what you said, but want to add one more thing. Some of us don't excuse our behavior by God's grace, but just have no ability disguise it AT ALL. So it hangs all out there so all can see. So we only have Grace to hold on to. Maybe that is what Paul meant in boasting in his weakness. (Never would of guessed that I would experience living that verse. I would prefer to just believe the verse to be true, but experience living one of those "cup runith over" kind of verses. But that is Jesus for ya.

Seems all three of us turn out to be "ramblers." Though, JBMK seems to ramble in a more orderly fashion.

Glad to be alive again. Later.

DJ GlenMC said...

Carrie,
I don't believe I was trying to 'excuse' sinful behavior with grace. I think some of us need to listen to the Spirit of God within us and take our direction from that. Finding ourselves following the Spirit instead of the whole flesh thing can be such an amazing thing. It would take to long to explain what should be so simple. I think we as humans do that.
We'll get together sometime.

JBMK is much smarter than I.

Glad your back on. Been wondering where you've been.

Blessings and Grace,
Love and peace,
DJ GlenMC

Carrie said...

No, no, no.....I must of miss..uh..typed. will explain later. I personally find it amusing.

yes, jbmy is smart. (but that's cool, I'm ok with others being smarter than me, doesn't make me dumber)-realize I'm completely joking and laughing about it.

glad to be back.don't know why break off?