Friday, July 1, 2011

Thinkin' and Drivin'

I was driving home from work today and I was thinking about how a friend of mine, who's a fantastic guitar player, told me he couldn't read music. I was thinking man...Then I started to think about people who can read music. They can play but it seems to have no heart.

That got me to thinking about the people I know that don't have a whole lot of book knowledge about God, but they are some of the most loving people and they have a heart for Jesus. Then I started thinking about people who have all this book knowledge about God, but don't know a thing about love. They consider their "knowledge" their "proof" that they love God more than the next man.

Maybe it's just us as a society that have been conditioned that way. We think those with the letters after their names are the only ones that have anything to share about Jesus. Only they can teach us.

I have a tendency to think a lot sometimes.

Be blessed. Be a blessing.
Love Jesus. Eat cheesecake. Listen to some Floyd.
DJ GlenMC

1 comment:

Shannon Lawrence said...

Very true. I think this can be true about a lot of other things, as well.

Tina @ Life is Good
and I are joining forces in a followup A to Z challenge. We're going to visit and comment at each of the original A to Z participants, and we hope you'll join us!

Shannon @ The Warrior Muse