Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Very first post...May 14, 2007 (THREE YEARS AGO)

The following paragraphs are the conclusion of my very first blog spot post from May of 2007. Not 2, but 3 years ago. My how time flies. Hope it makes you think...

"The thing about the Pharisees and the Sadducees is that both groups hated Jesus and sought to have him killed. On the right, mercy and compassion are sacrificed on the altar of ‘religion.’ On the left the Truth and Life are sacrificed on the altar of ‘self.’

"What is the problem with politics? The people we elect into office are still…people – fallen men and women in need of the Savior. We should never place our trust in governments. God sets up governments and God will tear them down. Our trust should be in the God of creation – not in the created. Our problem is not that we are involved with politics. Our problem is we think government will solve our problems.

II Chronicles 7:14: If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

May we all come to trust Jesus for all our needs...for in the end, we all need Love (Jesus).

Blessings and Grace,
Glen"

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a great first post brother Glen! Not only are politicians "only human", but so are ministers, preachers, teachers, etc. Therein lies the problem many people have with these people. They fail to realize that they are just as capable of sin as you or I. They elevate them to a level that if they fall, it's as if God Himself committed the sin. We've all got to change that way of thinking and remember that as human beings, "we are but dust."

DJ GlenMC said...

Yes, humans trying to be more than human...We are all such babies, but God loves us sooo much...

The original post was longer, I just wanted to get to the main part of it. I realize, my views haven't changed much lately.

Cute dog, btw.

Be blessed. Eat salad with dressing.

DJ GlenMC

Arlee Bird said...

Personally, I find it somewhat entertainin to a certain extent to listen to people gab about politics and sometimes I'll even join in just for the debate. But I'm with what you say. I think I'd prefer to stay away for any involvement in politics.

Lee
Tossing It Out

DJ GlenMC said...

You should read the whole post. God isn't on any sides. God is God. He loves us no matter what side we're on.

:) I loves me some Pink Floyd...

DJ GlenMC

Gail Dixon said...

That is one of my favorite bible verses and one I used to recite many times when I had fallen away. And you posted it on my birthday! It's certainly relevant for today and I wish more people believed. I wish more people could just let go of self and truly love one another. Kittie from The Block told me to come visit your blog and I'm glad I did! Will check out more later. :)

DJ GlenMC said...

Happy Birthday LB...
Glad you stopped by. I must check your blog out. Thanks for the comments.

Be Blessed. Be a blessing.
DJ GlenMC

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A great first post, I remember mine.

Yvonne.