Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday's Contemplation

Here it is Monday, and I'm in contemplation mode. What do I want to post about?
I've collected my list of 15 favorites. Now I just need to enhance my list with "why do I like." Maybe I will or maybe I won't.

Now for a little lesson on me. I like people who follow my blogs. That's cool. I wish I could follow everyone else. But, I'm not one to follow sites that I don't entirely agree with, or just make me want to debate. I don't care if it's theology or politics.

My views are my views. I've traveled this life for almost 50 years. I've played the political games, I've played the religious games. As Eric Clapton once penned, "I have finally found a place to dwell/In the presence of the Lord."

I believe the Jesus sacrificed His life that I might have a life most abundant...that's not a faith movement thing. If Jesus isn't enough then as Paul said in Galatians, "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain." Galatians 2:21

What I do is out of love for Jesus. What I do is also out of love for others.

While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Does this mean I'm free to ...whatever? We are free indeed, but we are bound by Love. Christ is Love.

Anyone can throw out scripture versus to back their point of view. But if you won't love me because I don't agree with you doesn't that fall under the verse, "If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?" 1 John 4:20. Or how about when Jesus told the religious people of His day "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:3.

These are my views, that I've gather after years of diligently seeking Jesus, and finding Him.

If you want to assign me my place in hell because I may not agree with you, bummer. But, thanks be to God, it ain't up to me or you.

If you want to argue, feel free to post, but, I may not approve it. I've heard many a myriad of arguments and points of view. Jesus was nailed to a cross by people who thought they were 'right' in the eyes of God.

We can either love those we can, or we can argue about words and stuff that gets us nowhere.

So, I hope we keep encouraging each other. I hope that you come to the fullness of Christ. May you be filled with the Spirit and may you overflow to the people around you.

Be blessed. Be a blessing.
I still loves me some Pink Floyd.
:) DJ GlenMC

10 comments:

Lisa said...

My goodness Brother, I didn't know you were that old! (wink)

Great post and lots of truth in it. It's a good thing you've got comment moderation I guess. LOL

Still laughing at youz still lovin' Pink Floyd. :O)

PS - thank you for the nice comment on my interview post.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

You are in a profound mood to day.
This has given me plenty to thik about as I get on with the chores of the day,

Have a lovely day.
Yvonne.

Gail Dixon said...

No arguments from me. :) Well stated.

I think some of the problems enter in when we forget to love one another and lean more heavily on judgment and pointing fingers. Just my 2¢.

DJ GlenMC said...

Thank you ladies...I am always encouraged by your words.

Thanks again.

Be blessed. Be a blessing.
Yes, I'm that old...sometimes I actually feel like it too, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood, and loves me some Floyd.

DJ GlenMC

Gail Dixon said...

Hey, have you seen this recreation of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon logo? It's pretty cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleQ6ZGyifQ&feature=player_embedded

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Nice blogg. I enjoyed reading this post. God bless, Lloyd

DJ GlenMC said...

Welcome aboard Lloyd.
There used to be a Christian Band called Lloyd. They put out like one CD. I like 'em. Don't know what happened to 'em...

Welcome to my little place of contemplation...sometimes...frivolity...

Be blessed. Be a blessing
I loves me some Pink Floyd, Lloyd...
DJ GlenMC

unnamed lad said...

hey there, friend. been a bit busy here but happy to see you're still plugging away! you're fan base is growing too i noticed! i like seeing your statement of faith that appears from time to time. some don't go back and see where we are in relationship to the Lord. so now you're knee deep in another challenge. wonderful! love the photo! when i saw the word "Spot" in my reader i didn't know if i was going to find Dick and Jane too with...run,run,run!

DJ GlenMC said...

Been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Trying to keep from being buried under work.

No time. Got no time.

LOL.

May not post for the next couple of days...Going to a men's retreat.

Be blessed. Be a blessing.
Be warm and fuzzy.
Seek the Lord.
Love the Floyd...Pink Floyd.
DJ GlenMC

Arlee Bird said...

Sometimes I like an opposing viewpoint and ensuing debate if done with civility and intelligence. But I like what you've said in your post. Hey! It's Friday and I'm commenting on your Monday post-- the days fly by!