Thursday, April 29, 2010

Y is for You

Everyone will need to be patient with me today. I was trying to get my thoughts together for this post...trying to meet the deadline.

I have some thoughts but so little time. Today has been hectic.

Anyway...1 Corinthians 1:18 (one of the first verses of scripture that I took to heart) states, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness. But to those of us who are saved it is the power of God."

What does this have to do with "Y is for You?" You may ask. Good question. I wrote about satan likes to play to people's egos.

Jesus' sacrifice on the cross was the ULTIMATE act of Love. He sacrificed His life for us...me and You. He did this to remind us that even though He loves us unto the cross, life isn't just about me. The world does not revolve around me. What I do, does affect the people around me.

Love will weep with those who weep. Love will rejoice with those who rejoice. Love is the Greatest of these.

Y is for You, but I picked that to remind us all that life doesn't revolve around me or you. Jesus who is the center, the Creator, the Alpha the Omega, the Beginning and the End...Life revolves around Him...but He taught us by His sacrifice on the cross, that even though He is God incarnate, He will sacrifice for the least of these.

Be blessed. Be a blessing.
DJ GlenMC

Sorry that wasn't more fleshed out. Just stuff I threw out there as I try to get ready to run off. Hope it made sense.

8 comments:

Melody said...

It was enough as is. Thanks for the thoughts, I needed the reminder!

DJ GlenMC said...

We all need to be reminded...
Let's weep together, let's rejoice together, but doggone it, let us not make it always about "ME."

Because we all know it's about Me...
LOL...

Glad you stopped by...

Be blessed. Be a blessing.
DJ GlenMC

Grammy said...

Hello, This is my first visit to your blogsite. I am trying to visit all of those involved in the A to Z challenge. Been really busy posting every day, but at end of challenge I am taking time to see as many as I can in one evening. I follow quite a few of them. I like your style and your attitude.
Ruby

DJ GlenMC said...

Thanks Grammy. Welcome. Hope you get a chance to read some of my older ramblings. Would love to hear your thoughts. I'll have to get to your blog later.

Be blessed. Be a blessing.
DJ GlenMC

unnamed lad said...

you're doing well, brother! :)

soon you will double your readers...then before you know it, you will be thinking of a celebration challenge.

DJ GlenMC said...

So much pressure there Bud. So little time...LOL...Dude. I'm happy to have reached...what now? 11...Jeez...now I'm going to have to post more often...

LOL...hope I don't get too stupid.

Be blessed. Be a blessing. Know that no matter how stupid we get, God loves us anyway.

DJ GlenMC

Arlee Bird said...

You amazed me jumping in and taking up this challenged like you did. You became quite the blogger in these past few weeks!

And as you said Jesus's love for us is amazing. He gave us the most important challenge of all.

Lee
May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

You'll get there Glen, loved the post as usual.

Take care.
Yvonne.