Monday, July 5, 2010

Love with God's Heart

Who am I, but a man. I am no more special than the bum on the street, nor am I of less importance than the president. Others have more talent than I. Others less. My knowledge is limited to what I have encountered and what I have read.

My faith in Christ guides me in my walk through this life. I could spend years in studying about Christ and still miss Him. I could spend unlimited time under teachers of Christ and still miss Him.

He is the Creator. He is the Way. He is the Truth. He is The Life. He has given us life. We are to live it more abundantly. That has nothing to do with quantities of mammon. This has nothing to do with sizes of domiciles. This has nothing to do with how powerful or fast my mode of transportation.

When we first step into the "fear of the Lord" we come to know and love Him, because we come to know that He first Loves us. When we realize that He gave His life to open the door to a relationship with Him we realize that He has called us to Love. He has not called us to hate those who hate Him. He told us to Love our enemies. He has called us to a life of Love. Not as the world loves, but as He loves. This takes more than our rules and regulations laid out in our earthly institutions or religious clubs. This takes every bit of our lives. It takes emptying self and filling with Jesus' Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

It takes walking out the door of our institutions and touching those who need Him.

It's a big world out there. Love with God's heart.

1 comment:

Deborah Ann said...

I couldn't have said it better. So often Christians think they're siding with God when they separate themselves from 'sinners.' But we're all sinners, and God loves us all.